Ten Questions with Jonathan Edwards
DEPUTY GENERAL MANAGER
A brand new blog series of ‘Ten Questions With…’ where we’ll be diving in behind the scenes to find out more about the people you’ll come across at Sopwell House.
First up is our Deputy General Manager Jonathan, who despite being a very busy man was more than happy to be the first to share some insight into what he’s all about. Jonathan’s approach to leadership within the hotel is a breath of fresh air, he’s dedicated and passionate but also brings the element of calm to a busy working environment. We hope you enjoy!
1) What do you enjoy most about your job?
The variety, no two days the same. The sense of achievement you get almost daily too!
2) How long have you worked for Sopwell House?
3) What did you want to be when you were younger?
I was bought a camera for my birthday when I was younger and for the next few years I decided I was going to be a professional photographer.
4) What are your aspirations for the future?
Very cliché – But being a dad for the first time this year my aspirations are to be successful and career driven, whilst maintain a good work life balance and not missing out on the important years of my daughter growing up.
5) What do you enjoy doing outside of work?
Watching football, I have a shared season ticket at Arsenal, eating out, finding new places to visit.
6) What are you passionate about?
Family, Holidays/Travelling, Arsenal (see above) …. and obviously my work.
7) Describe the hotel you work for in 3 words?
Driven, Ambitious, New Era
8) What is the best hotel you’ve ever stayed in and where in the world was it?
Shandrani Beachcomber Resort & Spa – Mauritius
9) What couldn’t you live without?
Football, Holidays, Netflix, Coffee, Chocolate…
10) Best advise you’ve ever been given?
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.