Full time position
Salary £22,000 gross per annum
Scope & General Purpose of Job:
Oversees multiple dish rooms operations, night cleaning, loading dock and bin room cleaning, maintenance, banquet operations, food plating, equipment, and logistics
Oversees kitchen employees not actively engaged in cooking (e.g., dishwashers, kitchen helpers, utility cleaners (back aisles), etc.) and kitchen controllable (e.g., property inventory of china, glassware, silver to include banquet equipment and logistics)
Works with the food and beverage and kitchen management team and employees to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. In charge for Food Safety standards and HACCP
- Supervise the duties of all stewarding and kitchen porters, facilities, operation and costs.
- Supervise the sanitation, cleanliness, hygiene as well as the quality level of product and services.
- Ensure Back of House areas are maintained to the highest cleanliness standards and cleaning schedules are followed and completed.
- Direct and assist Kitchen Porters in order to make clean up more efficient.
- Ensures employees maintain required COSHH and sanitation certifications.
- Ensure water temperature, and chemical levels are appropriate for cleaning and documented.
- Assist Chefs and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed.
- Check more specifically the proper use of chemicals and washing accessories.
- Coordinate with the Goods in Receiver in establishing minimum and maximum operating par stocks and supplies and approve storeroom requisition.
- Co-ordinate with the Food & Beverage Manager and Outlet Managers to check their requirements for the day and the next day.
- Assist in the stock take of equipment and other items as required.
- Work with all departments to ensure items that are required for service are available when needed.
- Enforces proper cleaning routines for service ware, equipment, floors, etc.
- Enforces proper use and cleaning of all dish room machinery.
- Ensures all food holding and transport equipment is in working order.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Ensuring Kitchen Porters have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
Essential Skills required for the role
- Experience in a similar position and environment with a firm understanding of excellence in customer service, preferably in a 5*
- Knowledge of purchasing system, preferably Procure Wizard
- To be able to use Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel competently
- You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail is key and accuracy in inputting data is essential
- You will work well under pressure in a fast paced environment and enjoy working with a multi-cultural team
- This is a fast paced environment with the need to think quickly on your feet. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve overall objectives of this position.
- This position is ‘hands on’ and requires the incumbent to be on their feet for prolonged periods
All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK.
- 28 days holiday + 1 Extra Holiday Day on Birthday
- 30% discount on Spa treatments
- 10% discount on Spa products
- Introduce a friend at work bonus
- Staff meals on duty
- Preferred Hotel Group discounted global hotel rates