Full time position
Salary £24,000 gross per annum
Scope & General Purpose of Job:
The Goods Receiver & Beverage Controller is responsible for day-to-day management of all cellar/store operations and ensuring maximum productivity and efficiency consisting of the following main areas:
- Goods receiving and storage
- Stock control
- Health & Safety Compliance
- Timely and proactively purchasing and ordering of all beverages
- To ensure best price and quality for all purchases
- Daily communication with F&B and C&E Departments in relation to Functions and Events requirements
- Responsible for maintaining the agreed par-stock levels of all beverages supporting equipment such as carbon dioxide cylinders, ice machines, beer line cleaning chemicals, Coffee machine cleaning chemicals etc.
- Accepting and checking deliveries on a daily basis
- Ensure the goods receiving area including food and beverages that are delivered daily must be taken to the stores and checked before being dispensed to the correct area for storage.
- Coordinating the returning of used empty casks, kegs, carbon dioxide cylinders, bottles, crates and other items which are recycled or reused.
- Correct storage of all goods received in compliance with temperature control, agreed par-levels, H&S requirements and security.
- Is responsible for administration of all written records as required by company policy.
- Will assist stock taker / Executive Chef and Food and Beverage Manager with taking period end inventory.
- Leading and managing of all Health & Safety and Safe Systems at Work requirements for the cellar department and ensure that all members of the cellar/BOH team are trained in all required tasks, thus creating a zero-harm environment.
- To assure the security of all items under your authority.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of all storage areas on a daily basis ensuring FIFO system is applied at all times and all breakages spillages and spoilage is recorded and reported to the Executive Chef and F&B Manager.
- Ensures that Cellar operations meet hotel sanitation standards and equipment is fully functional and any issues are promptly reported to maintenance department.
- Responsible for complying with the Company’s hazardous material and safety procedures in regards to COSHH.
Essential Skills required for the role
- Experience in a similar position and environment with a firm understanding of excellence in customer service, preferably in a 5*
- Knowledge of purchasing system, preferably Procure Wizard
- To be able to use Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel competently
- You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail is key and accuracy in inputting data is essential
- This is a fast-paced environment with the need to think quickly on your feet. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve overall objectives of this position.
All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK.
- 28 days holiday + 1 Extra Holiday Day on Birthday
- Long Service Loyalty rewards
- 30% discount on Spa treatments
- 10% discount on Spa products
- Introduce a friend at work bonus
- Staff meals on duty
- Preferred Hotel Group discounted global hotel rates