Creating a safe and warm journey for every guest.
WE'RE READY FOR THE NEW NORMAL!
Stay Safe at Sopwell
Over the past few months the team here have been working hard behind the scenes to create an environment for our guests and our employees that is safe and socially distanced, whilst maintaining our luxury offering, warm friendly service, fantastic team spirit and individual endeavour for genuine hospitality.
We have engaged with health and safety specialists and governing bodies within the hospitality industry and have received the VisitBritain "Good to Go", and The AA "COVID Confident" awards.
Contact Tracing at Sopwell House
In a national effort to contain and prevent the spread of coronavirus, all visitors to Sopwell House will be asked to provide their full name and telephone number for the NHS Test and Trace service. This data is requested by the government and will not be used for marketing purposes.
Please scroll down to read more, or click on the link below to download a PDF detailing our pledge to guest's safety.
Please note that from the 8th August it is mandatory to wear face masks in the public areas of the hotel and spa as well as during treatments.
- All appropriate areas will be disinfected with healthcare grade cleaning chemicals, sanitisers and electrostatic sprayers on a regular basis.
- High use areas, confined spaces and key touch points will receive increased levels of cleaning at more regular intervals.
- Sanitiser stations will be available at key points throughout the hotel.
- Guest bedrooms will be completely sanitised after each stay with an electrostatic spray machine and additional cleaning for high contact surfaces.
- Each booking will include a complimentary in-room care pack containing sanitising wipes and hand gel for safety and comfort.
- The hotel will provide a safe distancing and hygiene ambassador who will be on hand to answer any questions.
- Reasonable steps will be taken to enforce the safe distancing guidelines amongst guests and employees.
- Secondary control measures such as screens, barriers and personal protective equipment (PPE) will be put in place where safe distancing is not practicable.
- The capacity in all areas of the hotel will be limited to enable a safe environment for our guests and employees.
- Digital temperature checks will take place for every person entering the property. Anyone displaying a high temperature or ANY signs of Covid-19 will not be allowed entry to the hotel in order to safeguard the wellbeing of other guests and our staff.
- Our “hygiene ambassadors” will receive special training to carry out their duties with the above measures in place.
- A dedicated team will be in place to look after larger groups and events who will specialise in the safety and wellbeing of such bookings.
- Regular temperature checks will be in place for all employees. Anyone displaying a high temperature or ANY signs of Covid-19 will not be allowed entry to the hotel in order to safeguard the wellbeing of other guests and staff in the hotel.
- All employees will be required to practice frequent hand washing using soap and water or sanitiser (where soap and water is not available).
- Any updated procedures - including the use of PPE, safe distancing or hygiene protocols specified by the government or World Health Organisation will be implemented immediately.
- Employees will keep to the required safe distancing guidelines.
- Where this is not possible additional measures will be put in place and strictly adhered to in order to provide the level of service required.
- Employees are required to inform their manager if they or any of their household show any of the symptoms associated with Covid-19.
- Anyone who starts to feel ill whilst at work must immediately separate themselves from other employees and guests and advise their Line manager.
- Guests will be required to use the anti-bacterial gel upon entering the building.
- Visual reminders will be in place to encourage frequent hand washing using soap and water or sanitiser (where soap and water is not available).
- From 8th August it is mandatory to wear face masks in all public areas of the hotel and spa as well as during treatments. If you do not have a face mask, please ask at reception where disposable masks are available for your safety.
- Visual reminders of safe distancing will be around the premises and guests are required to observe the safe distancing and any other guidelines government guidelines at all times.
- For the comfort and safety of everyone, guests are also kindly requested to comply with reminders for safe distancing by our “hygiene ambassadors” at all times.
- Guests are asked not to come to the hotel if they are exhibiting any symptoms of Covid-19.
- Digital temperature checks will take place for every person entering the property and anyone displaying a high temperature or ANY signs of Covid-19 will not be allowed entry to the hotel in order to safeguard the wellbeing of other guests and our staff.
- If as a resident you start to feel unwell during your time in the hotel, please return to your bedroom and follow government advice to gain medical assistance.
- If as a non-resident you start to feel unwell, move to an area not in use by other guests and seek medical advice or return home; do not remain in the hotel.
To give you peace of mind when booking your leisure stay please see our updated flexible cancellation policy below:
- You are entitled to cancel or change your booking without charge up to 48 hours before your arrival for overnight stays, spa treatments and spa day bookings.
- We have also changed our policy on special advance purchase offers. Whilst we require full pre-payment at the time of booking to secure the special rate, the booking can be amended free of charge up to 48 hours before arrival. If you need to cancel up to 48 hours before your arrival, you will be provided with a voucher to the value of your booking to use at another time or on another experience.
- Please note that our usual terms and conditions do apply for prepaid events, where a non-refundable pre-payment is required at the time of booking. For any queries, please contact our reservations team – see number below.
Concerns, Questions and Advice
If you have any questions concerning your stay with us, please do feel free to contact our reservations department on 01727 864477 or e-mail - email@example.com