FROM OUR RESTAURANT & BAR MANAGER
- Top of the Pops – You only need to remember one thing when opening a bottle of Champers, twist the bottle, not the cork! No matter how expensive the bottle is if you follow this simple rule you can open Champagne stress-free every time.
- Pour like a pro – If you want to impress your friends at a dinner party then be sure to pour Champagne properly. Hold the base and pour into a glass at a 45-degree angle. This reduces the amount of fizz!
- The perfect glass – There is no need to worry if you don’t have enough Champagne flutes for your guests. Champagne can equally be served in a white wine glass without any shape; the shape of the glass even allows you to appreciate the complexity of aromas.
- Keep it cool – Champagne is best enjoyed chilled so leave the bottle in an ice bucket ahead of serving. Also always hold the stem of the glass otherwise it warms too quickly.
- Not just for Christmas! – Often people hoard Champagne in the cupboard for that never-ending special occasion. However, there are a number of affordable bottles of Champagne in the supermarkets for you to enjoy regularly – get popping!