Posh Pumpkin Spiced Latte
As soon as it becomes sweater weather and the leaves start turning into the most beautiful shades we know it is time for pumpkin spiced lattes.
Pumpkin spiced lattes, are a big American trend that has exploded worldwide in the early noughties. The idea came from people enjoying a cup of coffee over a slice of pumpkin pie. Starbucks then decided to turn this flavour into a drink and the rest is history.
Below, our Assistant Food & Beverage Manager, Manuela shares her recipe for a posh pumpkin spiced latte that you can make at home whilst keeping cosy by the fire…
Ingredients for 1:
- Espresso shot (or double if you prefer) NB- It does not need to be espresso, any kind of coffee will do as long as you leave room in the mug for the milk
- 100ml almond milk (almond milk gives a vey distinct nutty flavour – in case of any allergies, use alternatives)
- Dash of vanilla essence
- Dash of pumpkin syrup
Prepare this in advance and leave it in your pantry in an airtight container so that you’ve always got your pumpkin spice to hand whenever you need it.
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
This original recipe is with pumpkin puree, however we are going to make it easier by using pumpkin syrup
- Bring your milk to a rolling boil in a sauce pan, lower the temperature and add a heaped teaspoon of your spice mix and whisk
- Add your vanilla and syrup and bring to the boil again
- In the mean time brew your coffee and prepare in your favourite mug
- Pour the milk mix over the coffee
- Enjoy beside a roaring fire!
- You can serve with whipped cream on top
- If you own a milk frother, you can make the milk extra creamy by frothing it before pouring in the mug
- You can use barista almond milk for a more smooth texture, but is not necessary
- You can make this recipe with decaf coffee too!
- You can also make this recipe with black tea… it will be similar to masala chai